Corporate Social Responsibility
The concept of CSR has been looked upon as closely linked with the principle of sustainable economic development, which requires that organizations should make decisions based not only on financial factors but also on immediate and long term social and environmental consequences of their activities. Therefore, being a knowledge-based company, EIL has always been sensitive towards the concerns of society and is committed to operating its core business in a socially responsible way by taking into consideration the wider interests of the community and the environment.
The CSR mission of EIL
EIL is committed
The objectives of the EIL CSR Policy are:
- To assist socially and economically weaker segments of society to overcome hardship and impoverishment while recognizing the interests of all its stakeholders.
- To create community assets for the development of rural/urban society.
- To undertake CSR activities largely in and around EIL project sites and offices.
- To reinforce the ‘positive & socially responsible image’ of EIL as a corporate entity.
- To enhance increased commitment at all levels in the organization towards reinforcing the social and environmental conscience of the company.
- To assure stakeholders that their company is sensitized toward enhancing the quality of life & economic well-being of the society.
Rural Electrification: EIL supported installation of more than 100 Solar Photovoltaic based LED Street Lighting Systems each in Bhadohi and Shrawasti Districts of Uttar Pradesh.
Women Empowerment: Conducted a functional literacy programme for economic empowerment of 120 tribal women of Bolangir District, Odisha as well as skill training programme for 49 women inmates of District Jail, Gautam Budh Nagar at Kasna, Greater Noida in Tailoring, Dress Making and Beautician trades.
Community Development: Construction of RCC retaining wall / road side drains / Compound wall at Yanam.
Vocational Training/Skill Centres: EIL supported training for employment generation and skill development of 55 candidates belonging to SC, ST, OBC and BPL categories at Bharuch, Gujarat. The Company also supported skill development training to 1600 candidates belonging to SC/ST/OBC Women and EWS of society in Assam, Andhra Pradesh, Haryana, Uttar Pradesh, Madhya Pradesh and Jharkhand. Similar training programmes were organized for 300 Persons with Disabilities (PwDs) in Assam, Gujarat, Haryana, Karnataka, Rajasthan, Tamil Nadu and Telangana. EIL also supported the establishment of Skill Development Institutes at Kochi and Visakhapatnam.